Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This is the 'story' of a girl......;)


its this kinda moment that makes me go to Rangers every week.;)
This year marks our 10th year of friendship and also 10th year in this wonderful Royal Rangers ministry!this was snapped sometime last year...

I was never in Ranger Kids or Discovery though.I got back from Kuantan in 2000 and was forced by my parents to join this ministry.reason being I didn't know anyone there! (I left the state for 5yrs) I still remember those sesat stare-at-the-ceiling moments at Uncle Roy's children church class.my hello kitty bag.my 'celebration party'.then there was this other girl.friendless.like me! and that was this woman-Diane.hahaha.so we started talking.sat together at Uncle Roy's class.and started being friends!:) we joined rangers at the same time too.atleast we knew one person each.=D 

I started out as a normal ranger.was a quiet one at that! pretty shy.then the years passed.with wonderful and committed commanders that helped groom us ladies during our pioneer girls age to who we are now.a big special shoutout to Cmdr Deanna, Cmdr Jackie, Cmdr Michelle, Cmdr Pauline!!! :) I still remember our first slumber night! I hated skirts or dress or anything feminine! and we had to dress up! it was compulsory to wear a skirt.GOSH.almost wanted to run awayyyy that night.but oh well.that was our first step to becoming a woman.xD then this woman didn't even know how to mop the floor! or wash the dishes.hahaha.boy was I shocked.so much thanks to me now that you're a Philippino maid huh.*BIG GRINS* ;)
much thanks to Darren aka the BEAR too.who toughened us up.:) those scary jumping on our shelter-no deal!

OH.
the boys.I hated them! the constant teasing and rubbish insults..'Mr.XX likes you!!' gosh.I dreaded them sooo much.those combined retreats.no deal!! Yu Tjin was like the head monkey.with his partner-in-crime Naeden! and wee yen too! I would never forget the watermelon seed ok.haha.Jeremy Greenhall was the most gentleman! Sam and Zack was like all girl's dream guy.-___- no.not for me and Diane! we never get what they think is so cool about them.hahaha.Diane and myself and also our dear currently MIA Sayfril prayed for them almost every night! Pray that the Lord will change them.They will grow up.not be so childish.would not insult or tease us anymore.and the list goes on.and truly.God answers prayers!:) look at them now.:)
our bunch of girls have reduced.=( first it was Elysia and Melissa.migrated to the Land downunder.followed by Hosanna to Abu Dhabi.then Janielle to Aus too.imy guys loads.shaw! get your sexy butt back hereeee asap! ;)



the first survivor camp was ZOMGEE.I remember the slaughtering chicken moment.the shriek.the scream.the knife (thanks ter for giving me an extra blunt knife!!! -___-) .the burial.the head.ughhh.terrible! sorry coconut.RIP.='( 
 the bus rides to camps.:) the retreats.the war games.oh how time flies!!!
I got filled by the Holy Spirit at an advancement camp.I remember it very clearly.that was the one at Ulu Yam.the one where me and the Princess Tiara (i loveee you to bits!) was washing all the dishes IN the toilet.yes.it was pretty degrading.but we kept laughing it away.it was super funny.xD Cleaners' a gem!:)  
Those crazy dress up for theme campfires..from retro to cartoons..
Mission trips that brought the ugliest of you out.trust me.when i say ugly.it's really UGLY.hahaha.but boy did we have so much fun.:) the first mission trip to Bentong.getting exposed to the orang asli people.it touched me.that we're so blessed.but yet they're so contented with their simple life.:) cleaning ponds.painting churches.fencing! performing dance, acts, plays, mimes, etc.you don't learn all this at scouts do you!;) (I was a scout back in high school! and am still proud of it! =D)
having your whole family in the ministry is truly amazing too!:) positive support.loveeee you pa, ma and che!! <3

i grew.ALOT.through RR.I could never possibly imagine my life without it.guess I won't be so loud? haha.I've learnt about responsibility too.being a patrol guide, senior guide, junior commander and now a liutenant commander has taught me stuff that I can't get from anywhere else.many great friendships were formed.:) 
having so many great leaders above me..their passion and dedication inspires me to be a wonderful leader to the next generation too.I want the rangers now to go through all those fun and unforgettable moments I once went through as a ranger too.:)


Ranger Kids.here you have it - Cmdr Renee at your service.*beam*
what time is it Mr.Wolf? ;) 


The parable of the two sons 
 "What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'
    " 'I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
    "Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir,' but he did not go.
    "Which of the two did what his father wanted?"
      "The first," they answered.
   Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.
(Matthew 21:28-32)

that sure was one long post!;)
i love my job la.hahahaha

No comments: