Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Graduate!



The phone vibrates, a new SMS is received from  +614....... the content of the message flashes on the screen of the phone. I stared at the screen for a good long 10 seconds, then the fact sunk in, 






I'm a graduate.
 :')


Bachelor of Business and Commerce.
Double Majors: Finance and Marketing



Reflecting back on the first day of Uni. With a bag of overwhelming anxiety and excitement emotions bag I stepped into Monash University, Sunway. Ready to take on the world, ready to fill this chapter of my life with much memories and stories to keep and share to the world next time. 


As a high school student back then, we (ok..prob not EVERYONE but me and my friends definitely did) look forward to uni like a kid looking forward to getting a giant candy cane, or like how all girls look forward to our wedding day. I was THAT excited about Uni. Hee. 


First semester was a pretty bumpy bimbo one. Haha. The transition from MUFY (Monash University Foundation Year) to degree was a pretty vague one and honestly speaking, we weren't ready to be Uni students.YET. Unprofessional was the word.


Slowly, but surely, I made my mark as a student of Monash. Assignments and exams fear me no more. Conquerors we became. The building didn't seem so big anymore. Clubs were joined, activities and events were spammed.  The 2nd and 3rd year got a whole lot more interesting with positions held, a more seniority feel and more demonic subjects to deal with! 


This chapter has come to a closure. It has certainly been filled with much colours and words. No sentence or words can possibly express my feelings right now. It's like I'm walking on clouds..it's THAT GOOD, i kid you not. There are so many memorable moments that would forever be etched in my mind. Some of the highlights definitely include coming in as Champs for Monash Amazing Race and winning the polaroid; seeing my hand-drawn Robot tee worn by strangers; Oompa Loompas; KS late night study moments...........it goes on :)


3 years flew by just like that. Adulthood awaits. Freedom lessens as the student title is stripped. Movie tickets and many more cheapo student discounts is foregone as well. But I sure am hoping that the fun never ends and working life will be as interesting. A different level of responsibilities, and potentially a Magic Card owner! HO YEAH (Y).


A special SHOUT OUT and THANK YOUUUU to each and every single one of you that has stepped into my life in this chapter. You all played a part in making this journey so much happier and made this trip worth taking and less challenging. Whether we were group mates, orientation friends, hi-bye category of friendship, buddies, or best of friends...I LOVE YOU ALL. Whatever dramas or wrongdoings I've caused or done, I apologise.
Thank you for all the memories. 
You've all certainly made a mark in my heart, in one way or another. <3 
I probably won't see some of you ever again..but it was definitely nice knowing you :) 


Someday, we'll meet again! Probably on the papers or in holidays! Because life is unpredictable like that. To those great friends that I can safely call HOMIES and Best Friends, I sure hope our friendship stay rock solid like how we are now. Through thick and thin we will conquer. Traditions remain as traditions till we grow old and die (sappy music is playing in the background, so pardon me for being a tad bit emo.hee).


I have the Great One Above to thank. For His faithfulness, His mercy, His unfailing love towards me. A degree holder I would not be if it was not for His grace. Picking me up when I fall, sending earthly angels to encourage me when I'm feeling down and feel like giving up, helping me through those darkest hours and always, always forgiving me for my stubbornness, pride and disobedience. You truly is the One and Only Almighty One. 
All Glory and Honour to You.


The Parents.
Thank You for this wonderful privilege. Many do not have the opportunity to even further their studies, but you both has gave me so much more. With a Monash Degree in hand, the future is definitely looking oh-so-bright, and I have no one else to thank but you two. 
Thank you for believing in me. 
Thank you for all those pre-exam prayers. 
Thank you for not scolding me when I fail to score a HD. 
Thank you for the sacrifices made, Pa and Ma.











It's a wrap. 
Now, to a whole new world! Bring it on baybehhh! :)

1 comment:

LaiKit Mah said...

Yes - you will definitely take on the world with gusto! With Jesus by your side, you are definitely more than a conqueror - congratulations and soar!